We knew it would happen but just not so fast. Our first grandson, Dalton, is growing up! The changes were so gradual we didn't notice. It wasn't a drastic change, but somehow over time we realized this is not the same little boy we played pretend with, dug in the sand with, build forts with and read books to. Things are more real to him now, the pretend world is quickly fading. I noticed it a lot Sunday when he came to play for a while. Our other two grandsons, Cole & Parker were playing in the playroom. Parker had the big T-Rex and was making growling sounds. Cole was shooting the dinosaur with the Nerf gun, but there was no Dalton. I went to look for him wondering where he had gone. I found our little Dalton (not so little any more) sitting beside Papa watching a college basketball game. They were talking to each other about the game and it sounded like two adults. Where has that little fellow gone? Boy, he sure is growing up fast! I went back into the playroom to play with the other two. In a few minutes Dalton walked in and I had the little house in my hands. It was the little house where the two of us always hid the baby dinosaur so T-Rex wouldn't get him. I watched to see if Dalton would remember. Sure enough he walked over, opened the little house and with a mature look on his face, looked at it and then smiled at me. Yes, he may be growing up but the good times we shared together when he was little will always stay in his memory! I'm so glad we had that time together, it's time you can never get back. Now, it's on to more mature things and we'll have memories from that, too! But wait, what did I hear.... Cole and Parker want to know where the baby dinosaur is hiding. "Wait a minute guys, Nana will show you the little house!" There's enough of Nana's love to go around to everyone!
Growing UP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
It's breaking my heart! Can't stop time! He comes home and tells me all about watching the game with Papa and Parker tells me all about Nana's dinosaurs! Funny how they each go through the same phases at certain ages. Love you both. I've heard about Monster Papa all week. I'll tell you more later. FUNNY!
This brings tears to my eyes. So sweet mama!
Post a Comment