Sunday, March 22, 2009

All Grown Up


Recently I had the chance to ride downtown with our son, Steven. Since he moved out and has his own house it's not often that I go somewhere with him. It's really strange to sit beside a grown man and listen to him talk, when only yesterday this man was your baby boy! Time has quickly changed and it seems our roles are slowly changing places. Here are some of the reasons I know it is happening...

-My baby boy bought his own house in Holly Springs.
-He works as an engineer everyday from 8-5.
-He explains things on TV to us that we don't understand.
-He shops at Lowes (he never understood why we went there).
-He cooks his own meals and washes his clothes.
-He comes to visit and offers to bring us supper.
-He leaves money on the counter if we bought supper.
-He calls to check on us to make sure we're OK.
-He tells us to drive careful when we go out of town.
-He calls when he goes out of town to say he arrived safely.
-He worries when we are sick and tells us to go to the doctor.
-He says if we need money to just let him know.
-He buys us really nice presents and says he doesn't need anything for himself.
-He says if we lose our jobs we can move in with him and he'll support US!

I never knew when I was rocking him to sleep and trying to make him feel safe that in a short time he would be the one to make ME feel secure and safe! WOW, what a touching feeling and what a super sweet son that is! Thanks Steven for the special "man" you've become!

2 comments:

Lisa Hardee said...

I remember the day he was born. We were so excited and couldn't wait for you to bring him home. He has a huge heart and I know he would do anything for us! I love you, Steven!!!!!

Michelle Oliver said...

So sweet mama! We sure do love him so much!