Friday, March 20, 2009

Hello Tea Party.....I think!

My daughter Michelle came over for a while yesterday. Papa was playing with Cole so I got the privilege of playing with our only granddaughter, Ella ! Our little lady in pink has grown so much. It is so much fun to watch her as she WALKS from one thing to the next! I've waited for this day when she would finally be old enough to do "girl" things. The problem is I'm not quite seeing the interest yet. Her favorite thing right now is playing in the sand box. She loves scooping dirt from one container to the next while at the same time munching on dirt! We also fed the ducks but she loved throwing rocks in the pond, just like the boys do! By the time we came inside her clothes and mouth were covered with dirt and her hairbow was hanging! I set up a carpenter area for Cole with boards, nails and washers, but guess who enjoyed playing with it most...yes, Ella! She hammered away like Bob the Builder! Michelle made the statement that at home she was trying to make a worm farm for Cole, but guess who loved the worms! Later after we went inside she pulled open her drawer in the kitchen. I noticed as she pushed the stuff dolls aside and went for the more active things. I was beginning to wonder if this is another grandchild I will run and hide in the fort with while talking about transformers and super heros! But then I watched her open a book and as she quietly turned the pages she looked so dainty. She rolled her beautiful blue eyes at me and I could see the little GIRL! That told me yes, it will soon be tea party time....I think! For now I'll have to keep dreaming about it while our beautiful little GIRL, Ella Grace, hammers one more nail!




1 comment:

Michelle Oliver said...

Maybe she is going to be a country girl. She sure loves the dirt and animals. I know she loves her Papa and Nana.