

When our granddaughter Ella was born I decided to add something different to the playroom. I couldn't have just tractors and trucks anymore. But what would look girly but still look like a room for the boys? I found the answer at Lowes one day when they had all their wall decor at 70% off. It was a border with forest animals. This would be good I thought... turtles for the boys and little bunny rabbits & pink flowers for Ella. The design did turn out cute and I knew the problem had been taken care of......that was until Parker came to spend the night. It was this past weekend when his parents were out of town with Dalton and Parker was with us. His bedtime is usually around 8:00 p.m. and things started out fine. We watched a Bob-the Builder movie and then I turned off the light and left on the one in the hallway. I decided to stay beside him for awhile until he went to sleep. That's when it started. His little head raised up with that tousled blond hair and he said, "I don't like that BIG cat, that big cat is looking at me! Since there was no cat I had him point to what he saw. It just happened to be the "raccoon" in the border. So, being a sweet Nana, I took something and covered it up. We settled back down and it started again, this time it was the deer, then the squirrel and even the dog! They were all looking at him and scaring him!! OK, this could be a REAL problem because this border I picked for the playroom was now a forest of wild animals. Animals that looked fine in the daylight but turned scary at night! Since it was becoming impossible to cover up ALL the animals I decided to move Parker into our bedroom and set up his pack and play. He was happy again and glad to get away from all those "scary" animals! That is until he saw the "turtle" in my bedroom! "What turtle?" I asked. There it is Nana, it's in the corner...and sure enough it did look like a turtle. I had taken off my tennis shoes and folded my sweat pants and laid them on top of the shoes...that was the turtle! Once again I removed the scary looking turtle and at long last all animals had gone back into the forest for the night. Parker closed his precious little eyes, snugged his little blue blanket and went to sleep! But not me, I was wide awake looking at the ceiling trying to think of a plan to make all the forest animals in the playroom look friendly at night instead of scary! Maybe I should have went with the castle theme, no that had a dragon. Oh well lights out for now. Goodnight my sweet Parker, Nana loves you!

1 comment:
Thank you for keeping him for us! He told me all about the pirate at Marbles. He did not mention any of the animals, just lots of fun. He told me today that he wanted me to go to Florida with Dalton and Daddy and he was going to his Nana and Papas! Guess he really missed us...huh?!
Post a Comment