My two daughters just returned from a "moms" weekend at the beach. They went with two other moms and stayed at Lisa & Joseph's cottage. I know it was time well deserved and much needed. When I mentioned their trip to Lewis he said he was so glad for them because they need time away from the kids. That's when I said "yes"I wish I had been able to have a weekend away or do something for myself when our kids were little. He then said he knew I never had a night away or time alone for myself but he didn't either! WHAT?! Has his age erased his memory? This is the man who had training sessions out of town that sometimes lasted two weeks. This is the husband who went to the beach every fall and spring on a fishing trip, played baseball for two summers which consisted of two nights of practice and two nights for games and this is the dad that played golf every Saturday on top of all of this unless it was cold or raining! When I reminded him of this he said "yes", that was true but that was before we had kids! WHAT!? I remember hauling Michelle, Lisa and Steven (who was a tiny baby) to all his games! How can this man not remember that! Men are CLUELESS! All I can say is go ahead girls and plan all the trips you can, because if your husbands are like mine they will not remember ANY of the trips THEY took without you when they get older! They'll look at you with that little boyish frown and say they don't remember going ANYWHERE without you when the kids were small! Believe me it can happen to you because it just happened to me!! CLUELESS!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are already planning another beach night (when the weather is better!) Poor Parper's eyes!!!
Post a Comment