Sunday, May 31, 2009

May

June will arrive tomorrow and one of my favorite months will come to an end. May is a special month for me because of Mother's Day. After trying for over two years to get pregnant with our first child I thank God everyday that I was blessed to not only be a mother once but three times! The other reason May is special to me is because it's the month our son, Steven was born. After having two beautiful girls we debated for quite a while whether to try a third time for a boy. Our girls were in Kindergarten and lst grade. I was turning 30 and I remember looking at Lewis and saying, "it's now or never"! His answer really shocked me when he said let's go for it. That's when I went to my dresser and pulled out a faded Family Circle magazine article. It was dated September, 1976 and the title was"Choose the Sex of your Child." The article told all about how alkaline or acidity in the female can determine the sex of the child. Since the article said if we followed the steps there would be a 70 to 90% chance we'd have a boy we decided to give it a try. Since there were no ultrasounds to see the sex of your baby we waited patiently for 9 long months. Deep down in my heart I felt it would be another girl but I tried to think "blue". The day of my delivery I remember having my eyes closed and the doctor saying for me to open my eyes and look at our new little son. Being half way drugged I did not believe him and would not open my eyes! Finally he said loudly, " LOOK AT YOUR LITTLE STUD!" That's when I finally opened my eyes and took my first look at our third child, a SON, "Steven Bryant Morris."!! I couldn't believe it, we immediately called the girls and told them about their baby brother! That baby boy turned 27 on May 20th and I'm SO thankful that we decided to bring him into the world. I can't imagine him not being in our lives. The article probably had nothing to do with it, I know it was whatever God's will was for us. Whether it had been a boy or a girl it wouldn't have really matter. The love a mother feels for her children, no matter how many or what sex, is always the same. It's a love that only a mother can know!


Our Stud!!

1 comment:

Lisa Hardee said...

I remember the day he was born. We waited for so long, it seemed, for you to come home with him. You brought him home on a Sunday after we had been at church with Grandma. I am so glad that you decided to try one more time! Love you all!