Lisa Jr. (aka Parker)

I felt the little hand reach out for mine. I softly took it and we walked together. Once in a while his little face would look up at me and smile. Then the little hand would let go and off he would go in full force. " I can do it myself Nana" are the words I heard over and over this weekend. "Watch me dress myself, put on my shoes, open my own fudgsicle, bathe myself, brush my teeth, climb the steps to the treehouse, open and lock the door, cut up my own food, and on and on! He let me know in no uncertain terms that he was perfectly capable of doing things for himself! Such a determined little fellow. Strong willed but sweet as sugar at the same time. History certainly is repeating. Seems like only yesterday a little girl just about Parker's size would reach out for my hand and then just as quickly would let it go! Such a strong willed little girl but sweet as sugar at the same time! That little girl celebrated her birthday today, and is now a grown woman and the mother of this little carbon copy.! Even though Parker has blonde hair and his daddy's features he is definitely Lisa from the inside out! He makes us laugh and is such a joy to have around. I wouldn't change that personality for anything in the world! Happy Birthday, Lisa! We sure are glad you brought a little Lisa Jr into our lives to love as much as we love you!!

(Happy Birthday to you too, Parker Pooh!)
1 comment:
That boy is something else!! His new thing now is to blink his eyes as fast as he can and smile when I am talking to him about something he did wrong(to make me laugh). I do think to myself a lot, he looks just like Joseph, but he does not act like him at all. (Wonder where he gets his personality?) Guess, you answered my question.
Post a Comment