Thursday, May 21, 2009
Elastic is Here Again
When my two daughters were young I would sew a lot of their clothes. All the pants were made from a simple pattern with elastic waist bands. This worked fine until they started preschool. Michelle didn't seem to mind the homemade outfits but Lisa had another opinion. It seemed her little friend was wearing "bluejeans" to preschool. That's when Lisa decided the elastic waist bands had to go. She came home one day and informed me she wanted pants with snaps and zippers and a belt! ( She still loves cute bluejeans 28 years later!) I knew it was time to put the old sewing machine away. Since then I've only had it out for a few sewing projects. That is until recently when Michelle was going to purchase an outfit for Ella. I made the comment that it was way too expensive and that I could make it for hardly nothing. So once again I took the sewing machine out, dusted off the cobwebs and it has started humming again. I didn't know if I would remember how but with a few simple patterns it came back to me. I find it hard to stop making things now because everytime I see a cute piece of cloth I think how cute a dress or top it would make. For now I'm having fun and hope I'll have a little time before Ella decides like her Aunt Lisa that the "elastic" has to go!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you so much mama for all you did for us growing up. I know it was not easy to dress two girls. I love the clothes and I know how much love went into making them.
Nana B's originals! I love them! So cute.
Post a Comment