I'm anxious to see if we will have any injuries this Easter. It gets a little rowdy during the Easter egg hunt, even to the point of pushing and shoving. I watch from the front porch swing and laugh. You would think they would know how to behave but their competitiveness over comes them! I guess I could put them in time out but really they're a little too old for that. You see, I'm not talking about the grandkids, I'm talking about their parents and Steven!! It has become a tradition that after the grandkids hunt and find their eggs they hide eggs for the adults to find. If there were only candies inside the eggs it probably wouldn't get out of control but there's always two big golden eggs with money inside that really gets them going. It's only $5 in each of the two eggs but you would think it was a $100!! They run around the yard at lightning speed not caring who they crash into! Year before last Joseph plowed over Michelle and she was yelling the whole time not to take an egg from a poor, pregnant lady! This past year, it turned around and Scott ran over Lisa and grabbed one of the eggs! I'm sure this time Michelle and Lisa will be out for revenge or maybe Steven will out do them all! The kids can't believe adults really act this way! Dalton said he had never seen his mama run so fast! Maybe they should buy knee pads and helmets instead of the traditional Easter outfits!! This year we are having Easter at the farm, and with a lot more space to run it may really get dangerous, we'll have to wait and see!
I was raised as a little country bumpkin running barefoot on a farm. I consider myself a simple person who enjoys the simple things of life. Nature is God's gift to us and something that makes me smile. I would rather be sitting barefoot by a stream than sitting prim and proper in a dress and heels. Life has been good to me. I have a wonderful husband, Lewis, who has been my sweetheart since I was 12. We have been blessed with 3 beautiful children, Michelle, Lisa, Steven, 2 super son-in -laws, Joseph & Scott and four awesome grandkids, Dalton, Cole, Parker, and Ella. I started writing tidbits of my life in a journal in 2004. Resently my 2 adults daughters, who try to keep me updated on the modern way of life, suggested the computer. That's how I ended up on this page doing something called blogging my thoughts rather than using a pencil and paper! So,read on only if you want to know what goes on in the mind of a simple country girl and some of the simple things that take her breath away!
1 comment:
We have so much fun every year with this! I am excited to have it at the farm this year.
Post a Comment