Saturday, January 24, 2009

Overboard!

Okay, I guess I've gone a little overboard! I didn't realize it until my husband offered his Sunday School Posters. You see, within the last year I have started to collect "sayings" and I've hung them throughout my home. It started one day when I was at my youngest daughter, Lisa's house. The plaque was hanging beside her bed and I LOVED it. The frame was black with gold lettering that said "ALWAYS KISS ME GOODNIGHT". I searched on line and found the print. Then Lewis made the frame to go around it. That was my first, but certainly not my last. Since that day I have stenciled about seven different sayings and hung 10 plaques throughout the house. I didn't know I had gotten so bad until the comments starting coming. My grandson, Cole was the first. He saw the stenciling and said Papa was really going to be mad at me for writing on the wall! Since then every time he comes he lets me know that my writing is still on the wall and I need to wash it off! My son, Steven was the next one. He jokingly said," Looks like mom is turning her house into a poem!" My husband, who can be a clown, made the most recent comment. As a Sunday School teacher he always takes down his monthly lesson posters out of his class before a new month begins. Well, this time he took the posters off the wall, looked at me and asked, "should I throw these in the trash or do you want them to hang up on our wall at home?" We both laughed! Exactly what has me sticking plaques wherever there's a blank space on our wall? I really don't know. It seems that every time I see a new one the words say exactly the way I feel about something. Then I find myself saying "that's so sweet" and before I know it, it's hanging in my house. All I can say is I'm glad we downsized to a smaller home because in our larger house I would still have lots of walls to cover! In trying to think which one I could do without and take down, there's none. Each one says something special to my heart and makes me smile every time I read it. Guess you could say it's like therapy without having to pay a lot of money for it! As for your posters, Lewis, you can keep those. I haven't gotten quite that desperate yet!

This is where it started.



And it just keeps on growing!














This is still not all of them. I guess I'm just weird. Some people collect dolls, pottery, angels, or other things....I collect WORDS!!

2 comments:

Michelle Oliver said...

That Daddy is so funny! I love all of your sayings and they make me feel happy too. You forgot to say that you also would like to decorate other people's houses with these sayings, such as,"My house was clean yesterday. Sorry you missed it!" Ha Ha....

Lisa Hardee said...

Cole is so funny. (Saying that Papa will be mad because you are writing on the walls! I love all your sayings! (Especially...the What happens at Nanas stays at Nanas)....so true!