Monday, January 19, 2009

The "BOY"attitudes

The Beatitudes as they're called in the Bible show the kind of people we should really be. Having a visit from my 3 grandsons made me think they should be renamed "Boy"attitudes. The three that stood out most are MEEKNESS, PEACEMAKER & PURE IN HEART. I don't mean to brag but really I am. How can I have three grandsons with totally different personalities but yet they're all so sweet in their own way. I would call Dalton the"meek one" because he doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Cole would be the "peacemaker" because he goes along with whatever he's told to do rather than cause a fuss, and then there's Parker who is "so pure in heart" you could squeeze him to pieces. Here's an example of each from their Sunday visit with us:





Dalton (the Meek one)......Papa fixed hot dogs and French Fries for Dalton & Parker while I played Candy Land with Dalton & Parker set up the farm animals. When he called them to eat we were surprised to see that he had taken 2 white lunch bags and said he had made "Papa Kids' Meals"! When they opened their bags they found napkins, mini candy bars and what should have been toys. The "toys" actually turned out to be 2 key chains in little boxes left over from our church homecoming! (It was obvious Papa had searched in his top drawer, found these and did it as a joke for Dalton.) It had the church's address and phone number and said "God Bless This Church". Dalton looked at it, frowned and asked why he would need a key chain, but then he saw his papa's fake sadness and quickly changed his attitude. "Actually I DO need this, "he said. "If I'm ever lost this will help me find my way home because I can call the church phone number!" I looked at him and winked but he immediately said, "No Nana, I'm serious!" How sweet is that?



Cole-(the Peacemaker)..... Cole arrived at our house after lunch. Dalton had already gotten out of this Sunday clothes and found a snowman shirt I had put in their clothes drawer. The snowman lit up as he walked. I told Dalton it was for any of the 3 to wear if they got dirty at my house but he just happened to find it first. Cole looked at it, and said, "I don't think I have one of those, it sure is cool!" Then he went right on playing. No pouting, no saying I want one,too. He was simply the sweet little peacemaker he always is! (Needless to say I went back and purchased 2 more shirts and even 1 for Ella!)




Parker-(the Pure of Heart)....This innocent little child loves you unconditionally. Everything and anything makes him happy. When I couldn't find something to use as a pond for his farm I asked if a muffin pan would work. He smiled and nodded his little head . Then we filled each compartment with water and proceeded to put a duck or frog in each slot. If you lose something he searches and searches until he finds it and brings it to you! Sweet, sweet, child!


3 Beautiful little boys, 3 Beautiful personalities that I wouldn't change for the world! I love you my boys!



Ella was sick at home during this visit but we all know what an "angel" she is!

1 comment:

Lisa Hardee said...

I love the "Papa Meals!" They are all special in their own ways! Dalton has worn that light up shirt for two days now. Parker loved his light up shirt! He wanted to wear it to bed! Thanks for loving them and always seeing the good in them!